|MASKING BENEFITSMasking allows an operator or automated process such as a robot to apply coatings to a given surface of a product while protecting the remaining surfaces from coating or coating overspray.
This allows the process to be accurate, repeatable and efficient.
Typical mask construction is a stainless steel square tubing frame, stainless sheet steel shield and a nickel electroform shell soldered into the frame.
The nickel electroform process allows for a high level of detail to be picked up and precise accuracy achieved.
We specialize in:
- Electro Form Masking
- Fabricated Mask Tooling
- Masking Fixtures
- Vacuum Mask Tooling
Call for a hassle free quote on your next project. 734-847-7004
||MASKING ADVANTAGESThere are several other types of masking to consider and also has its place in this industry:
- Vacuum form masking is a lower cost alternative when there are multiple mask required and the tolerances are not as great.
- Stainless steel fabricated mask work well with simple mask lines that do not require a high level of difficult fabrication. This mask can be very competitive in the right situation.
- Silicone masking allows for some part variation and a non marring surface.
- Vinyl Epoxy Resin masking is a very durable light weight masking alternative that holds up to temperatures in the 350˚F range. The tolerance would be similar to a vacuum form mask.
Key items that we build into our masking are as follows.
- Heavy gauge nickel electroform with the pre determined clearance to except minimal part variation and help eliminate scratches, marring and overspray.
- Square tubing structure allowing rigidity along with minimal weight for operator handling.
- Large diameter taper pin and bushing design for smooth and accurate mask to pad alignment.